    pny 6800nu
    abit nf7-s rev.2.0
    1gig of memory

    lonesw0rdsman, Dec 22, 2004

  2. lonesw0rdsman

    CapFusion Guest

    Can you check in your MoBo BIOS have Assign an IRQ for VGA or similar to
    Enable or Yes?

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Dec 22, 2004

  3. Can you check in your MoBo BIOS have Assign an IRQ for VGA or similar to
    Yes. Its set to enable. I havent gotten anymore of the error messages, but
    the screen goes black after I boot up or reboot after the windows xp
    splashscreen. It takes another 30-60 seconds before the login screen pops
    up.
    It wasnt doing that yesterday. Any suggestions ?
    TIA

    lonesw0rdsman, Dec 23, 2004
  4. lonesw0rdsman

    DaveL Guest

    You can download a program called BootVis from Microsoft which will show you
    what is happening during the boot process. I used it to cut my boot time in
    half.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Thanks. Ill give it a try.

    lonesw0rdsman, Dec 23, 2004
  6. lonesw0rdsman

    CapFusion Guest

    After using that BootVis, please provide any information you can find
    [FeedBack, please].

    During the meaintime, is your PC connect to a network of some sort? It may
    try to login or something.
    If you are on a network, try disable the NIC and see if it boot up faster.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Dec 23, 2004
  7. Well I ended up reinstalling windows and also taking the card out and then
    putting back in. I no longer have any problems . Not yet anyway. I been
    running for a few hours reinstalling software and no error messages and it
    boots up fine. Ill run some prime95 later on. I did a run through of
    3dmark03 and no crashes. Thanks for the suggestions.

    lonesw0rdsman, Dec 24, 2004
  8. lonesw0rdsman

    CapFusion Guest

    Thank you for the feedback.