    want one for an older computer that is still used.
    Does anyone know where there are any available preferably here in the U.K.

    Thanks.

    timelord, Jun 14, 2009

  2. timelord

    Augustus Guest

    ....every one ever made is a PCIe model. There's no such thing as an AGP 7950
    GX2.

    Augustus, Jun 14, 2009

  3. timelord

    timelord Guest

    Thanks all, i guess i got it wrong then.
    It currently has a 7900GS and was wanting something a bit faster if there
    are any available that is.

    Phil.

    timelord, Jun 14, 2009
  4. timelord

    Augustus Guest

    Well, as I mentioned a few posts back, the Sapphire HD3850 AGP 512Mb card
    is probably the fastest AGP card out there. 702Mhz core and 256bit DDR3 at
    1692Mhz. There's an HD 4650 AGP card with 1024Mb memory but it's crippled
    by a 128bit interface and is loaded up with slow DDR2 running at 800Mhz.
    It's advertised as the "fastest" AGP card out there, but I can't see how
    it'll ouperform a 7900GS or HD3850 AGP card with specs like that. Can't find
    an actual test anywhere yet. Whether or not you'll see any major gains in
    performance from a what's already a very decent 7900GS AGP card is the real
    question. It's right up there with the X1950 Pro AGP. My opinion is that
    they'll be marginal, especially if you have a 7900GS 512Mb Golden Sample
    level card.

    Augustus, Jun 14, 2009