Nvidia CEO: Playstation3 GPU has more transistors than all CPUs and GPUs of current consoles combine

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Guest, May 15, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said in the recent Nv conference call:

    ________________
    "we are days away from the beginning of one of the most exciting eras in the
    videogame industry. the amount of technology we're developing is nothing
    short of astounding. The nvidia GPU driving the next generation Playstation
    will deploy more transistors, than all of the CPUs and GPUs, in all three
    current generation game consoles combined."

    "The power of the Playstation GPU coupled with the Cell processor, will give
    the developers the ability to create unbelivable content. We are really
    excited to be working with Sony, on one of the most important computer
    entertainment, and digital consumer platforms, of the 21st century."
    _________________

    http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?p=irol-eventDetails&c=116466&eventID=1060901

    Guest, May 15, 2005

  2. Guest

    Alex Colvin Guest

    the videogame industry.

    Amazing! He didn't say
    We're introducing yet another incremental improvement in our
    ability to entertain otaku by throwing transistors at them. We plan on
    making the same announcement every year for the forseeable future.

    Alex Colvin, May 15, 2005

  3. Guest

    NightSky 421 Guest

    I don't care which of the newest consoles is the "most powerful", but I
    should hope that the claim above is true!

    NightSky 421, May 15, 2005
  4. Guest

    Fred Liken Guest

    PR chest beating... who cares?