    it works fine in my board, but refuses to boot in a friend's system.

    Is there a matrix for many video cards and chipsets showing
    compatibility?

    support, Jul 9, 2003

  2. support

    John Lewis Guest

    Your friends system may be old enough to have 3.3V AGP.
    Never plug a AGP video card into any MB without
    determining from the MB manufacturer's manual or
    web-site that the AGP version on the motherboard
    is compatible with the AGP version on the card.
    Otherwise potentially permanently dead card and/or
    motherboard..............

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jul 9, 2003