    WinXP

    Thanks in advance for your help
    Rolf

    Rolf Wesemann, May 4, 2007

  2. Rolf Wesemann

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    Try this control panel replacement that specifically addresses poor
    nvidia game profile support.

    http://www.nhancer.com/

    Mr.E Solved!, May 4, 2007

  3. Try this control panel replacement that specifically addresses poor nvidia
    I used nhancer, but the install of the newest version crashes with the error
    message: cannot delete older version

    I had contact with Mr. Korndörfer, but all his hints didn't work for me.
    Rolf

    Rolf Wesemann, May 5, 2007
  4. Rolf Wesemann

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    Was one of the suggestions to remove/replace your NVAPPS.XML file? This
    is where your profiles are stored and could very well be the source of
    your problem.

    \windows\system32\nvapps.xml

    Mr.E Solved!, May 5, 2007
  5. Rolf Wesemann

    deimos Guest

    Had the same problem. You can do a clean install of your drivers to get
    rid of the custom profiles or delete the bad profile with nHancer. I
    don't recommend adding profiles with other utilities at this point, they
    don't seem to work with the new drivers. Everytime I tried to create a
    new profile with nHancer, it would crash the new control panel (Sedona)
    when selecting the exe or changing an antialiasing setting.

    deimos, May 6, 2007
  6. Rolf Wesemann

    deimos Guest

    Ah yes I forgot about that. You can extract the original one from your
    drivers by running the expand command on the .xm_ in your Nvidia drivers
    folder. For example:

    C:\NVIDIA\Win2KXP\158.19>expand NvApps.xm_ nvapps.xml

    Then copy the new .xml file to your system32 folder. This is the same
    as deleting your profiles (if you were able to).

    deimos, May 6, 2007
  7. Rolf Wesemann

    DRS Guest

    [...]
    nHancer 2.2.3 claims to be compatible with 150+ but I wouldn't discount
    nVidia having broken something.

    DRS, May 6, 2007
  8. Many thanks to you all, I hope, something will help!

    Newsgroups rule
    Rolf

    Rolf Wesemann, May 6, 2007
  9. That did it ;-)))

    expanded the file and everything is fine again.

    Rolf

    Rolf Wesemann, May 6, 2007
  10. It's not completely ok: I can add new profiles, but I can only give them the
    general attributes, no specific ones.

    Thanks in advance again for your help
    Rolf

    Rolf Wesemann, May 7, 2007