Nvidia Dawn demo on ATI

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Dr Richard Cranium, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. http://www.rage3d.com/articles/atidawning/

    i got this nvidia demo running on my ATI9800pro and it is a fantastic study in directX
    9.0a and openGL.

    thanks Nvidia.

    THEN i upgraded to directX 9.0b and it blew away the charm of the pixie. Like the new
    directX 9.0b has changed something in openGL and the upgraded wrapper doesn't work
    properly any more.
    hopefully the mit guys will fix their wrapper for 9.0b, so we ATI'ers can go back and
    enjoy the Nvidia mascot.

    Here we will only talk about what we have to concern with

    ** No Fate **

    cheers,
    dracman
    Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1pictures.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/banshee.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

    NFS: drive at the limits of tyre adhesion ! snag Lara's Croftraider IV sports car ! !
    NFS3:NFS4
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#raider

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#blondstranger
    NFS:HS - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HS
    NFS III - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HP
    -=-=-
    Mad Onion - 3DMark 2001 and 3DMark 2001se -
    {not the Pro} 4x4 Missile Launcher Truck Secret Game Demo screen snaps
    (and secret password)
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dmark2001.html
    -=-=-

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm

    Dr Richard Cranium, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Dr Richard Cranium

    A Thiel Guest

    Thanks, It works great on my 9700 Pro, Shows real well what the Radeon is
    capable of.

    A Thiel, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Dr Richard Cranium

    Diavire Guest

    hello and welcome to 2 months ago...

    --
    -DmD-
    [w00t2]Proxivire

    Diavire, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Dr Richard Cranium

    J.B. Guest

    Yes, on directX 12c there are still some issues with these old demo's.
    I just can't seem to get it to work on my Ati Radeon 2005.
    Anyone else has problems with the catalyst 9.8 drivers?

    ;-)

    J.B., Jul 26, 2003
  5. Dr Richard Cranium

    Les Guest

    lol ;)

    Les, Jul 26, 2003
  6. thank you Peter and Lithurge,

    I'll go try the old dawn demo wrapper. I can't think of anything I've changed, Already had
    the cat 3.6's running when i installed the dawn demo, and directX 9.0a and the dawn demo
    ran great ! I just recently (couple of days ago now) upgraded to 9.0b and then ran the
    dawn demo, and several of my high res games. The high res games all work okay and they are
    d3d. The only openGL i have is the dawn demo. My wdm drivers are okay also.

    microsoft really messed up this time - if indeed the problems are random across the gaming
    community.

    thanks again,

    ** no fate **

    dracman

    : well the guy that started this post said that he upgraded to 9.0b and dawn
    : doent work anymore. I know that it is opengl, so it should still work. so he
    : had to change something else in order to mess it up. But i dont know what he
    : changed. if he could tell us what he did along with dx9b then we would have
    : a better idea on how to fix his problem. Maye he installed new cat3.6 along
    : with it and the install went bad? or he changed something in his opengl
    : config? What exactly is wrong with dawn for you Dr richard cranium?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : : > : >
    : > > he was trying to say that this dawm opengl wrapper for ati
    : > > came out about 2 months ago. Direct9b just came out and
    : > > seems to screw it up, even though directx is the thing that
    : > > changed and dawn is opengl, i dont see how that could
    : > > happen.
    : > >
    : > It doesn't, I've 'upgraded' to 9.0b & the demo works still.
    : >
    :
    :

    Dr Richard Cranium, Jul 26, 2003
  7. Dr Richard Cranium

    NoRemorse Guest

    Would you mind sending me some lottery numbers?

    NoRemorse, Jul 26, 2003
  8. Dr Richard Cranium

    Lithurge Guest

    It doesn't, I've 'upgraded' to 9.0b & the demo works still.

    Lithurge, Jul 26, 2003
  9. Dr Richard Cranium

    Flossie Guest

    When has ATI released Catalyst 9.8 Drivers ? I thought the most recent was
    3.8.. am i wrong ?

    Flossie, Jul 26, 2003