    Alceryes Guest

    The Nvidia Dawn demo looked supreme on my 9700Pro. Does anyone know if the
    Dusk (or any other) demo has been similarly patched to run on an ATI card?

    Alceryes, Nov 28, 2003

  2. I would love yo run Dusk demo, the dawn demo was ok, like to see her
    sister :)

    Did you do the nude patch on Dawn ?

    Bye.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Alceryes

    Henry Guest

    Where can I find the hack to run the dawn demo on my 9700 pro?

    Thanks,

    Henry

    Henry, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Alceryes

    Alceryes Guest

    If you are using CAT's 3.6 or higher then you need two files -
    atioglxx.dll (from CAT's 3.5 and lower)
    opengl32.dll (there are two versions of the hack make sure you get the later
    one)
    Just install the demo. Put both these files in the 'bin' directory and
    rename the file 'fairy.exe' to 'quake3.exe' if you want some nice eye candy
    ;-).
    If you give me an email address or upload link I'll send the files to you.

    Alceryes, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Alceryes

    Henry Guest

    Thank you. I did a google and found the two files. The opengl32.dll was
    fairly hard to find, a lot of links to the rage3d web site were broken, but
    I finally managed to find it. It really looks good.

    Thanks again,

    Henry

    Henry, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Did you do the nude patch yet ?

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Nov 30, 2003
  7. Alceryes

    Zulu Guest

    Do you still have/ remember the links?

    Zulu

    Zulu, Nov 30, 2003
  8. Alceryes

    Henry Guest

    Just tried the nude patch. It works well. I kind of like her better with
    her leaves on :)

    Henry, Nov 30, 2003
  9. Alceryes

    Henry Guest

    Open gl wrapper here: http://www.rage3d.com/content/articles/atidawning/
    Dawn Demo here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/demo_dawn.html
    Nude Patch here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_3899.shtml

    You also have to download atioglxx.dll. I can't find that at the moment.
    Maybe someone can post a working link.
    Install the demo, copy open gl wrapper to c:\program files\nvidia
    corporation\nvidia demos\dawn directory.
    Copy the atioglxx.dll to the same directory. Run the nude patch if you want
    and watch.
    P.S. The link to the open gl wrapper worked last night, did not work later
    that night, but worked this morning, so it may be hit and miss.

    Henry

    Henry, Nov 30, 2003
  10. Alceryes

    Rich Selmon Guest

    Hi,

    You don't need the nude patch to have dawn dress down. Just make a copy of
    the fairy.exe and rename it quake3.exe and then try 3dmark03.exe for an
    interesting surprise....

    Rich S.

    Rich Selmon, Nov 30, 2003
  11. Alceryes

    JAD Guest

    Question : after modifying theses files and you get to play a -not so great demo- what happens to everything else. Do the full
    versions of games you have still play normally? Or does this cause havoc in the driver, when used for the things the card/drivers
    were designed for?

    JAD, Nov 30, 2003
  12. Alceryes

    Ben Pope Guest

    What files? No files need modifying.

    You copy the OpenGL stuff from an older Cat (3.6 or below, IIRC) version and
    the glide wrapper to the directory of the dawn demo. Everything else
    remains the same.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Nov 30, 2003
  13. Alceryes

    JAD Guest

    Ok BOB,,, REPLACING the files...thanks for the post, but man, could we stop splitting hairs

    JAD, Nov 30, 2003
  14. Alceryes

    JAD Guest

    BEN*

    JAD, Nov 30, 2003
  15. Alceryes

    Ben Pope Guest

    You don't replace any files either.

    Try spending more time reading my reply than slagging it off - I'm trying to
    increase your understanding of my final conclusion, attacking me for
    splitting hairs is counterproductive, don't you think? Especially since the
    split hair is the essence of the reason behind the fact that "Everything
    else remains the same".

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Nov 30, 2003
  16. Alceryes

    JAD Guest

    sigh once again Ben replacing a file with a version other than what was there is in fact replacing the file. not so?
    why?,because the file name is the same? what if I took a Bitmap image file and named it atiaxx.xxx is that file not
    replaced?....attacking? nevermind.....

    JAD, Nov 30, 2003
  17. Alceryes

    Ben Pope Guest

    What you say is correct, well done on knowing what file replacement is.

    But since you don't need to replace any files, I don't see how it's
    relevent.

    If you would like to inform me of which files you replace in order to get
    the Dawn demo working, I'll tell you where you are going wrong.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Nov 30, 2003
  18. Alceryes

    JAD Guest

    JAD, Nov 30, 2003
  19. Alceryes

    Ben Pope Guest

    OK. So for a start that isn't a complete set of instructions as you need to
    copy the atioglxx.dll to the bin directory too.

    Since neither of those files exist in the bin directory when you install the
    Dawn Demo you are not replacing or modifying any files, agreed? So was I
    splitting hairs in pointing out that since you aren't modifying (or
    replacing) any files everything else remains the same?

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Nov 30, 2003
  20. Alceryes

    JAD Guest

    ahhh so the files are not going into the windows 'system' folders but rather the internal game folders. Therefore the 'driver' is
    not being affected?

    JAD, Dec 1, 2003