nVidia ForceWare 56.56 Leaked Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Morgoth, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Morgoth

    Morgoth Guest

    Morgoth, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Morgoth

    Indiana Guest

    Welcome to five days ago.

    Indiana, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Morgoth

    Morgoth Guest

    Welcome to five days ago.

    you mean 56.55 well these are labeled as 56.56 which makes them newer, so
    your statement is somewhat wrong.

    Morgoth, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Morgoth

    Mike Guest

    That driver has been out for at least 5 days, if not more at
    guru3d.com, follow the link below to see it. Seems there is also a bug in it
    that hampers the performance, comapared to the current 53.03 vers.

    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @2150Mhz
    MSI K8T NEO FIS2R
    Geil Dual DDR 400Mhz Ultra Set, 2x512MB
    PNY Verto GeForce FX 5900 SE (core-459Mhz, memory-967Mhz)
    Maxtor 160GB SATA 7200 8MB

    Mike, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Morgoth

    Mike Guest

    BTW, there are also 56.57 drivers at that link. Not release by Nvidia, but
    there just the same.

    Mike, Feb 24, 2004
  6. Morgoth

    John Lewis Guest

    Hopefully you guys that are loading "leaked" beta drivers always do a
    full system re-install when the official drivers are released. Beta
    drivers frequently contain special test-code not removable by
    subsequent driver installs. Even Driver Cleaner may not find that
    code. You always use beta drivers at your OWN RISK !!

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Feb 24, 2004
  7. Morgoth

    william bell Guest

    Bollocks as they do not work have the setup.exe missing, they are doctored
    ones and did not work as a Driver update with my FX5900XT.

    william bell, Feb 24, 2004
  8. Morgoth

    There is a huge bug with the 55 series, no terminal services or remote
    desktop works in XP/2003 anymore after install. First time I am seeing such
    poor behaviour from a video driver interacting with the OS. Good job nVidia,
    how the f... are you testing the things?

    Morgoth, Feb 24, 2004
  12. Morgoth

    The machine into which you connect is the one that if it has the 55 series
    will behave as described, not the pc from which you are connecting.

  13. Morgoth

    Does yor US server into which you connect has an Nvidia card with 55 series
    driver?

    I am not talking about the computer who initiate the connection...
    The bug manifests on the host of the session.

    Morgoth, Feb 25, 2004
  15. Morgoth

    John Lewis Guest

    These are "leaked" -- I mean STOLEN beta drivers.
    Do you understand what "beta" means in this business ?
    Incomplete, test versions, sometimes with special probe
    code. Exception: A Beta "release candidate" (RC) is a
    complete beta version ready for QC. Of course, unless
    you receive documentation with the stolen driver, you
    will have no idea which type of beta release it is.
    The numbers are meaningless to anybody other
    than those with access to the documentation.

    Please engage brain before mouth.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Feb 25, 2004
  16. Morgoth

    iamnotme Guest

    Surely you know what "BETA" means? YOU are the "testers" you goofs!
    If you want stability wait for the official releases ... but most people
    seem to think, if it's a newer driver its gotta be better! Hogwash.

    It's really kinda simple ... If you don't want to be an nVidia
    driver-tester, stop using their beta drivers.

    iamnotme, Feb 29, 2004
  17. Morgoth

    The ideea was that somebody from nvidia will take note of these bugs before
    releasing an official version.
    Not just beta testing... I'll talk to you again after the official version
    comes out.

  18. Morgoth

    iamnotme Guest

    And who finds the "bugs" (and hopefully reports them) ... everyone who
    downloads, installs, and tries-out each new beta driver that's who. There is
    no feasible way nVidia can test every imaginable hardware configuration,
    with every imagineable game. That's where YOU come in ... the admireable,
    adventurous and dedicated beta testers.

    cheers

    iamnotme, Mar 1, 2004
  19. Morgoth

    The specific bug in question affects the OS functionality, and has nothing
    to do with hardware configurations.

  20. Morgoth

    iamnotme Guest

    I was under the impression the 55.** driver was a beta driver. If it's not,
    I'm sorry I mispoke.

    iamnotme, Mar 1, 2004