Nvidia G70 = NV47 = GeForce 7800: 8 geometry engines | 24 pixel pipes | 302 million transistors

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Guest, Jun 16, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    note: the 8 Geometry Engines in G70/NV47/GeForce 7800 = the 8 Vertex
    Shaders
    sometimes I prefer to use old SGI-speak :)

    http://theinquirer.net/?article=23951

    G70, Geforce 7800 GTX final specs out

    302 million transistors, eight vertex shaders

    By Fuad Abazovic: Wednesday 15 June 2005, 09:49

    WE MANAGED to get the final remaining details about the soon to be launched
    Geforce 7800 GTX. We revealed most of it already, but here we go again.
    The chip is made using a 110 nanometre process and will have 302 million
    transistors. So far, this is the biggest chip ever built for graphics use.
    As we revealed before, the chip will be clocked at 430MHz and will use
    1200MHz memory with a 256 bit GDRR3 interface.

    It will have eight vertex shader units and will be able to process 24 pixels
    per clock. Nvidia claims that it has 24 pipelines. Some senior editors are
    referring to this chip as NV47 as it's nothing more than the NV47 was
    supposed to be, an NV40 with more pipelines and two more vertex shaders.

    The peak fill rate of the card is 6.88 Billion/second (16 ROPs at 430 MHz).
    Bilinear-filtered texel fill rate is 10.32 billion/second when all 24
    pipelines work at the full 430MHz.

    The peak power consumption of the chip is 100 to 110W, all the information
    and benchmarks of the Geforce 7800 Ultra or two cards under SLI will be
    revealed at six in the morning European time, on the 22nd of June. µ

    Guest, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Guest

    GTD Guest

    Isn't that what the Commodore 64 had?