Nvidia G80 in 2nd half 2006 with DX10, Shader 4.0 capability

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by nv55, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. nv55

    nv55 Guest

    http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=648048&highlight=commercially#post648048

    "Nvidia provided some updates on its near-term product strategy at a
    conference with financial analysts. While the first half of next year
    will focus on introducing updates for the current GeForce 7 generation
    - including the 90 nm model G71 with up to 750 MHz core clock and the
    entry-level chips G72 and G73 - the successor of the 7800 will be
    commercially available sometime in the second half of 2006.

    Not surprisingly, G80 will be tailored to run with Windows Vista and
    its Aero Glass functionality. The new graphics processor will
    transition to DirectX 10 and support Shader Model 4.0, Nvidia said. It
    was indicated that the current G7x generation will be available for
    some time, serving the entry-level and mainstream segment. G80 promises
    to bring a completely new processor architecture."

    nv55, Dec 10, 2005

  2. nv55

    psyclopps Guest

    sucks... i just bought my 7800gt :(.... but aside from that, wow

    Daniel

    psyclopps, Dec 11, 2005

  3. nv55

    NightSky 421 Guest

    Worry not, you have a video card that will carry you through until the
    successor to the G80 comes out, and thus when DirectX 10 will have more
    relevance.

    NightSky 421, Dec 11, 2005
  4. nv55

    John Lewis Guest

    The bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Or in this case ---
    with SLI --- 2 of the same birds in the hand may be worth
    the one in the bush. Anyway, regardless of hype to the contrary,
    your 7800GT is already fully compatible with the Vista 'bells and
    whistles'. Vista is formally scheduled to release on 31 August 2005
    and ALL of its fancy features must be accessible to the bulk of the
    then-mainstream video cards... the G80 or the R580 will hardly
    have seen the light of day by that time, and will certainly be
    nowhere near mainstream.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Dec 11, 2005
  5. nv55

    Walter Mitty Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action.]
    Sorry John : one little date correction required from you for googles
    sake. It is your friend after all.

    Walter Mitty, Dec 12, 2005
  6. really a good reason not to go with NVIDIA huh.

    tomorrow never happened dude.

    sorry i must have headache. I seem to just want to play online games right
    now today in the present tense this moment with a fast reliable card costed
    out in the reality we all live in today. really ! how do you even KNOW the
    stinking shader model 4.0 even works ! get real get ATI.
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

    cultist's that is all you are Barney.

    you silly fool - you cross posted.

    Hope this helps,

    ** No Fate **

    cheers,
    dracman
    Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm

    ** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm

    http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1pictures.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1midaspics.htm

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

    ** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm

    ** Tomb Raider 1 add on UB levels
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

    -=-=-

    ** Final Fantasy Online mega ingame Pictures ! **
    ** for those whom wonder about "whats it like anyway huh"

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/ffxionline/traod.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/ffxionline/rikku/jibb/Jueno.html

    -=-=-

    ** GTA III vice City Character MOD
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

    ** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm

    ** Singles: Flirt UP Your Life AI and character MOD
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#singles

    ** World of Warcraft Beta adventuring North to Ironforge. Dwarf Airport
    Discovered
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft.html

    ** No Pili'kaia **

    Dr. Richard Cranium, Dec 12, 2005
  7. nv55

    chrisv Guest

    The twat has been doing the massive cross-postings, under dozens of
    different names, for YEARS.

    chrisv, Dec 14, 2005