    and in Windows 2K.

    Is there any possibility of flashing the firmware of this card in
    hopes to solve it's distorted/garbled output?

    molstaderik, May 4, 2008

  2. molstaderik

    molstaderik Guest

    Is there possible intervention for a video card's bios similar to
    updating a router's firmware (which gets corrupted relatively often on
    low-end units)? I'm doubting it but asking as a long-shot.

    Both systems used the same CRT and cable with the analog output from
    the card. Another older card works fine in both systems.
    Definitely the 7600 is the issue.

    About half of the characters during boot up are replaced with random
    characters interspersed throughout the text. The motherboard's splash
    screen has 1 inch horizontal lines split from the graphic and
    displaced and various pixels are displaced it seems. The windows
    login is a rectangle of sparse pixelation.

    I actually haven't tried the digital output yet as the primary
    display. I'll attempt that.

    molstaderik, May 4, 2008

  3. molstaderik

    molstaderik Guest

    True.

    The BIOS display of recognizable but  incorrect

    Thanks that gives me a better understanding of the malfunction, and
    with what you and Mr.E described, the memory seems to definitely be
    the issue. Now I wish I would have gotten the 256MB version (less to
    go wrong). The 512MB happened to be at the same price where I got it.

    Yes, I was wondering if you had ever seen such a flash utility for
    Nvidia cards.

    I'm going to give the card a whack on it's head to see if I can jog
    its memory. :)

    molstaderik, May 5, 2008
  4. molstaderik

    molstaderik Guest

    Thanks for that info; it's good to know that exists (albeit
    secretly). No, it won't help in my situation, since the memory
    is bad, but it might help with future issues with another card.

    molstaderik, May 6, 2008