    for upgrading my PCI card (nvidia geforce 7600 gt) A mid priced card,
    say around £50+ or so, ($80+)

    Thanks

    alo, Jan 21, 2010

  2. alo

    deimos Guest

    I can't currently recommend an NVIDIA based card, they just don't have
    the bang for the buck value in the midrange right now. A GT220 or 240
    would be a complete waste considering it's featureset and price range.
    Almost every model for the past 2 years has been a rehash of the 8800GT.

    The HD5670 on the other hand is very good:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150466

    Fast for midrange card, DX11, a good and mostly quiet HSF, and no need
    for extra PCIE power, it's not oversized. Should work well for low end
    systems or prebuilt rigs (Dell, HP, etc).

    deimos, Jan 21, 2010

  3. alo

    Mary Hanna Guest

    I have also read that ATI drivers are totally Crap..?

    Mary Hanna, Jan 22, 2010
  4. alo

    GMAN Guest

    Yeah, back in the mid to late 90's!!! Not anymore.

    GMAN, Jan 22, 2010
  5. alo

    deimos Guest

    They aren't. Performance and stability wise they're good, sometimes
    they have asinine bugs that should be easily fixed, but this is the same
    kind of aggravation I've gone through with NV over several generations
    of hardware too.

    I think they're bloated and I the control panel is a bit dumb looking,
    but most things work fine.

    If you switch over just be sure to run a driver cleaner first, mixed
    vendor display drivers don't go well together.

    deimos, Jan 22, 2010