    Windows 2000 Pro SP4? (I don't mind if it would have to be used with older
    drivers.)

    William

    William R. Walsh, May 18, 2009

  2. Hi!

    Thank you for the information. I was expecting that the card should
    work fine, but it never hurts to ask questions, especially since the
    system it is going into is one of the few PCI Express systems I have.
    (That is to say I would not need the video card in another system if
    it didn't work out.) And if I could avoid spending $25 to find out
    that it didn't work, so much the better.

    I will post back with results, in case anyone's curious.

    William

    William R. Walsh, May 19, 2009

  3. Found the card in the mailbox today. I downloaded the latest software for
    WinXP from nVidia and got started. (This being an OEM card, there was no
    software in the box.)

    Windows 2000 Pro SP4 picked up on it and ran through the "new hardware
    found" wizard. Installing from the nVidia .INF file worked fine, but it
    still called up the PhysX setup routine. This wasn't really a problem--the
    PhysX software wouldn't run ("missing export" in several DLLs) but I was
    able to uninstall it separately from the drivers.

    William

    William R. Walsh, May 23, 2009