nvidia GeForce FX 5200 card driver incompatible with GeForce 7600GS ?? - 4 monitors

Discussion in 'MSI' started by JPK, Apr 5, 2007.

  1. JPK

    JPK Guest

    Hi,

    1) I just added the nvidia *Expert Vision GeForce FX 5200* vga
    card (into the pci slot* [not pci express]) to my pc which already has
    the nividia *GeForce 7600GS* vga card (pci
    express*).

    2) On startup,the 2 monitors that are plugged into the pci FX 5200 card (pci
    slot) shows the identical thing in both monitors.
    Monitors attached to other vga card is black.

    3) And the display settings in vista also only shows ONE monitor not 2.
    [usually it will detect 2 monitors if there are 2 monitors before i added
    the new vga card and have the option to "extend" the desktop and be able to
    show different things in each monitor].I am trying to get each monitor to
    show for example 4 different web pages,each web page on each monitor.

    4) AND there is a message that the vga driver for one of the vga cards is
    not compatible with the other one,so it says 1 of the vga cards (the GeForce
    FX 5200 pci express*) is disabled.

    5) Yellow Exclamation Mark for both vga cards in Device Manager

    6) nvida ForceWare Driver supported devices list does not show GeForce FX
    5200 in list.
    Have already installed it for the GeForce 7600GS card previously.

    Are these 2 vga cards not useable in the same pc ?? They are both nvidia !

    Thanks

    JPK, Apr 5, 2007

  2. JPK

    Richard Guest

    You are right that the newer Forceware drivers don't support 5xxx series
    cards. Try using the default Vista video drivers for NVidia cards.

    Richard

    Richard, Apr 5, 2007