    time.

    Thanks for any insights.
    charliec

    charliec, Jan 9, 2014

  2. charliec

    BillW50 Guest

    I wouldn't worry about it. Normally if a driver is working just fine,
    changing it to any other version isn't going to make anything better.
    And sometimes newer versions actually makes things worse.

    BillW50, Jan 9, 2014

  3. charliec

    charliec Guest

    Thanks Bill - got it - I was thinking the same thing, but wanted to see other
    thoughts!

    charliec, Jan 10, 2014
  4. charliec

    Bill Guest

    I've not had much trouble trying out newer nvidia drivers...sometimes my
    issues improved, other times I merely traded the old problem for a new
    one. In any case, if I wasn't happy with the newer drivers I just
    reverted to the dell certified drivers.

    One pita with this process: when attempting to unstall my current
    nvidia driver: on reboot, Windows would will detect my card, and
    automatically reinstall the driver I wanted to remove. I stopped
    Windows from doing this by locating, and deleting, the folder that
    contained the, extracted, nvidia installation files. With that done, my
    PC would load the basic VGA driver, and I could complete removing any
    leftovers, and install whatever nvidia driver I wanted.

    hope it helps

    Bill, Jan 11, 2014
  5. charliec

    charliec Guest