Nvidia GeForce MX 420 - DVD Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by TimPendragon, Nov 13, 2006.

1. TimPendragon

TimPendragon

Hi there... I'm using Windows XP Home with a GeForce MX 420. I have PowerDVD 5.0 installed on my system, and up 'til now have never had problems viewing a DVD. I watched one on the computer about a week ago, with no difficulty.

Now, however, I'm getting an error message that tells me to that PowerDVD cannot play copy-protected DVDs unless I disable the TV out.

Well, as far as I know, the TV out on this system has never been enabled. I've tried all the settings I know of, and can't find the bloody thing to disable it, even if it is (somehow) enabled.

Any ideas, people?

Thanks very much for your help.
    Tim

TimPendragon, Nov 13, 2006
  2. TimPendragon

TimPendragon

an update

Well, I rolled back the driver to see if that would help. It didn't. Then I installed the newest driver, which also failed to correct the problem. Finally, I performed a system restore to the date I last successfully used PowerDVD. Now I'm getting a different error message:

Your kernel version is incorrect. Please upgrade to a newer version of PowerDVD.

Aside from doing what it says, is there anything else I can try? This should not be happening.

Tim

TimPendragon, Nov 14, 2006
Ask a Question