NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by JD Ross, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. JD Ross

    JD Ross Guest

    Hi,

    I use the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X.

    Has anyone faced the "Catastrophic failure" when
    trying to check the "Properties" of Settings from
    the Desktop? I wonder what it is about?

    Nothing particularly dramatic happened but
    the announcement is pretty scary...;-)

    Jdr

    Video Adapter Properties
    Device Description NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
    Adapter String GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
    BIOS String Version 4.18.20.13.00
    Chip Type GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
    DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
    Installed Drivers nv4_disp (6.14.10.5216 - nVIDIA Detonator 52.16)
    Memory Size 128 MB

    Video Adapter Manufacturer
    Company Name NVIDIA Corporation
    Product Information http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=products
    Driver Download http://www.nvidia.com/drivers

    JD Ross, Dec 1, 2003

  2. JD Ross

    chriske Guest

    "JD Ross" a écrit
    not only the same problems here but also stripes when the restart
    window appears and very poor graphics when playing Pinball Adventure

    although the ssttings problem disappeared when installing the NVidia
    52.16 drivers the other problems stayed

    is there anyone who knows the correct driving value for my Asus A7N8X-X
    mobo ?

    grtz

    chriske, Dec 1, 2003

  3. JD Ross

    JD Ross Guest

    I have the same problem on two different PCs
    and two different main boards.
    The first one mentioned below is occurring under Win XP Pro
    and SuperMicro m/b P6SBU.

    The other on Win 2K and on the Medion 2001 m/b.
    NVIDIA on this PC is GeForce2MX/Mx400

    Strange enough both display work ok, but
    are recording this catastrophic failure...
    I'm lost...

    Jdr

    JD Ross, Dec 2, 2003
  4. JD Ross

    Gordie Guest

    Yeah it's just a driver problem.... you should get your own-brand's driver!
    Mines is MSI.... www.msi.com.tw

    there's a new driver out, i think it's 52.14 - not 'new' but a new modified
    msi version... gets rid of the catastrophic failure thing!

    If you feel you'd rather jst go back, 45.xx etc is available at
    www.guru3d.com

    Hope that helps....

    Gordon

    Gordie, Dec 4, 2003