NVIDIA GeForce9600m GT not recognized after installing Windows 7

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Peter Damgaard Brusendorff, Aug 28, 2010.

  1. Hello Everyone.

    i have a FujitzuSiemens Notebook Amilo Xi 3650 with two Graphic cards:

    - A NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT, and
    - A Mobile Intel(45) Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation -
    WDDM 1.1

    I recently installed Windows 7 Home Edition, and discovered a serious
    problem: After the installation, the computer no longer recognize my
    graphic card. Instead it claims - when looking in the device manager -
    that I have a "Standard VGA graphic adapter" . There is a little yellow
    sign on the VGA graphic adapter with an exclamation mark.

    I can not install the NVIDIA 258.96 notebook driver found on NVIDIAS
    Download page for my product. The installation just says "NVIDIA couldnt
    find a driver compatible with your hardware". That's again, because
    Windows 7 does'nt recognize my NVIDIA graphics card.

    I have tried to uninstall the VGA adapter from device manager, but after
    restarting Windows it is just installed again.

    Further I have tried to manualy install the NVIDIA driver by trying to
    update the Standard VGA adapter, pointing at the installation files
    unpacked by the NVIDIA installation program, choosing my card in the
    dialog box, but during the installation Windows/NVIDIA report a problem
    and force the NVIDIA uninstall manager to uninstall the driver and
    starts restoring the "right" driver for the Standard VGA adapter.

    Is there anything i can do? I am running out of good ideas now and would
    like to hear whether someone here do know what to do in such situation.

    Best regards

    Peter Brusendorff
    Denmark

    Peter Damgaard Brusendorff, Aug 28, 2010

  2. Peter Damgaard Brusendorff

    deimos Guest

    Since it's a hybrid setup, you might have to use a Fujitsu supplied
    driver for whatever reason (different PCI ID's?). Also from what I can
    find on the web, your BIOS should allow you to use only one graphics
    chip if you want. Try forcing an NVIDIA only config and see if anything
    changes.

    Just from the NVIDIA driver page, I can't see a reason why it wouldn't
    install, unless you tried using a 64-bit driver on 32-bit or such.

    deimos, Aug 28, 2010

  3. Fujitsu Technology Solutions specifies that the following Windows 7 Support
    minimum requirements for the AMILO XI-3650 is BIOS Version 1.0G or later and
    there is only a Limited Support level of support.

    Limited Support
    .. System works with Windows 7.
    .. In some cases Windows Vista drivers and utilities have to be used for some
    components.

    Limited Support
    Please ensure to upgrade your system BIOS with the required version or
    higher.

    Please find the latest BIOS and driver versions on our Fujitsu Support
    pages:
    http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/support/windows7.html

    Homer Jay Simpson, Aug 28, 2010
  4. Have you tried looking for Windows 7 drivers here
    http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/support/windows7.html

    Homer Jay Simpson, Aug 29, 2010
  5. Peter Damgaard Brusendorff

    GMAN Guest

    Try the vista driver

    GMAN, Aug 29, 2010
  6. Peter Damgaard Brusendorff

    KCB Guest

    Have you disabled the Intel graphics, or are you trying to use them both?
    Win7 will use multiple video cards, but you may have a hardware limitation
    which prevents this.

    KCB, Aug 30, 2010