    I also tried to install the drivers from the Abit CD (I tried this first
    prior to trying the "Hardware Wizard"....but no luck.

    - David Kistner

    David Kistner, Dec 30, 2004

  2. David Kistner

    Bird Janitor Guest

    |I had to reinstall Windows XP tonight. I have an Abit NF7-s
    | motherboard. Some of the Nvidia drivers didn't install. I've tried
    | several times to reinstall the drivers both with the installation CD and
    | the "Device Manager". The Hardware Update Wizard finds the driver and
    | highlights it. I click "next" and get the following message:
    |
    | "Cannot Install this Hardware"
    | There was a problem installing this hardware.
    | NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller #2
    | An error occured during the intallation of the device.
    | Access is denied.
    |
    | I also tried to install the drivers from the Abit CD (I tried this first
    | prior to trying the "Hardware Wizard"....but no luck.
    |
    | Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    |
    | - David Kistner

    Hi David -

    Have you already installed Windows XP SP1? Some of the nVidia drivers
    require it.

    Are you attempting the install from an account with Administrator
    privileges?

    Jef

    Bird Janitor, Dec 31, 2004

  3. David Kistner

    borolad Guest

    Back 2 your old nym I see, haven't seen that for many a year
    re-gards

    borolad, Dec 31, 2004
  4. David Kistner

    Bird Janitor Guest

    BoroLad wrote:

    | Back 2 your old nym I see, haven't seen that for many a year
    | re-gards

    Hi BoroLad -

    Yeah... it was time for a change. A new Nom de Plume for a new year.

    Housekeeping and all...

    Kind regards and Happy New Year!

    Jef

    Bird Janitor, Jan 1, 2005