Nvidia Nforce3 250 & GeForce 5200 conflicts

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Dan N, Oct 3, 2004.

  1. Dan N

    Dan N Guest

    Just built this new system with the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (7025)
    montherboard-new, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB RAM Corsair XMS Pro RAM-new,
    2 Western Digital 160GB HDD (WD1600JB)-used, GeForce 5200 FX video
    card-used, and various other DVD drives, and floppy...

    OK... here are the issues:

    1) The whole system freezes hard when I tried to implement RAID 0.
    Froze during XP install and many times after install. Once I took it
    off RAID, using each drive independently, it did not freeze. Any ideas?
    I would prefer to use the drives in RAID 0 to take advantage of speed
    benefits.

    2) With RAID disabled, I have made the system crash hard many times.
    When the sytem restores it says it's an Nvidia video driver error. I
    wasn't able to make heads or tails from the dump log that XP gave out.
    How do I view the file?

    I did some checking around on the system, attempting to troubleshoot
    this problem myself and found under system information that the Nforce3
    AGP Host to PCE Bridge & the 5200 FX video card are sharing the same
    memory address. The 5200 also shares the same IRQ as the NIC.

    The games I was attempting to run ran smoothly on a 1Ghz computer with
    512MB RAM, with the same video card.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    Dan

    Dan N, Oct 3, 2004