    the Asus SLi NVIDIA nForce4 SLi mobos and what they think of their mobo. Also
    what is the difference between the A8N-SLI, the A8N-SLI Deluxe, and the A8N-SLI
    Premium other than the price ?

    Guest, Aug 20, 2005

  2. Guest

    peterk Guest

    PC world rated it the best of the SLI boards
    the different specs are listed on the ASUS website.............go look
    peterk

    peterk, Aug 20, 2005

  3. Guest

    Odie Ferrous Guest

    I would avoid the ASUS.

    I've had one for a couple of months running an AMD X2 dual core 4600.

    Trying to get 4GB of memory to run with this board is proving awkward,
    to say the least.

    ASUS clearly state it is upgradeable to 4GB - but they make no mention
    of the caveats.

    Memory problems aside, it is quirky at best and downright unreliable at
    worst. One to avoid.

    I'm looking at Tyan as an alternative, but there are new boards arriving
    almost every single day, so selecting one is not an easy task.

    Odie

    Odie Ferrous, Aug 20, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I think I know what this issue is about, but it has to do with AMD X2 dual core
    and the right pairs of memory sticks more than it has to do with Asus IMHO.
    What is quirky and unreliable about it ?
    Yes, it is not an easy task because of the large choice. I am also looking for a
    mobo company that actually supports their product. I was told that Asus support
    is better than most. My first home-built system was with an Abit mobo and, while
    the system has run well generally, I am disappointed in Abit's support.

    Guest, Aug 20, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Do you know if they have an online review of it anywhere ?
    There does not seem to be a comparison chart so it is a little difficult to
    understand the difference. Do you have any of the Asus NVIDIA nForce4 SLi mobos
    ? If so, are you pleased with it as a reliable mobo for your system ?

    Guest, Aug 20, 2005
  6. Guest

    Tom Guest

    I've had a A8N-SLI deluxe running overclocked about 5% for six months with
    no issues at all. I have a gig of ram, so I can't comment on the 4 gig
    thing, but from what I understand the latest bios might have fixed that. I
    run 2 6800 in sli. I couldn't be happier with Asus. I have always ran Asus
    boards on my own machines and generally recommend them to anyone who is
    building their own computer.

    Tom, Aug 20, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the comment. Asus has gotten much better ratings at supporting their
    mobos than Abit so I may buy the Asus mobo. I like that you said it has been
    very stable for you.

    Guest, Aug 20, 2005
  8. Guest

    RJT Guest

    I've been running a Deluxe for about nine months now, and am indeed very
    pleased. Paired with an FX-55 and 2Gigs of RAM it's been running rock
    solid, no unexpected bsod's, problems booting or resuming from standby.
    Except for the A7A board I've got from ASUS, their boards have always
    been a succes with me. Right now, I'm very pleased with this one.
    Oh, and I've got two 6800GT's in SLI, works like a charm.

    RJT, Aug 20, 2005
  9. Guest

    peterk Guest

    Thats where the old fashioned Pen&Paper come in handy....
    peterk

    peterk, Aug 20, 2005