    bridge isn't used.
    What would be a good card to use??

    Thanks.

    timelord, Nov 21, 2009

  2. 8800GT or 9600GT. You don't want to spend much on a card if it is just
    for PhysX. I have ATI 5870 but read one can use a hack to get PhysX on a
    secondary video card from Nvidia. I have 2 8800GTs in the closet so will
    use one of those for PhysX when I get around to it.

    Wile E. Coyote, Nov 21, 2009

  3. timelord

    deimos Guest

    I second this opinion. Physx is just not intensive enough to warrant a
    second card. A 295 is more than powerful enough for any Physx game
    currently available. If you had only an 8800/9800GT to begin with, the
    situation would be different. Physx as an API is just not used for
    anything terribly useful yet; it's all visual effects that don't affect
    the game's outcome (i.e. not actual physics calculations, just debris
    and particles, things you can't interact with directly).

    deimos, Nov 22, 2009