    of this card and any other (Dell, HP, PNY, etc). They appear to be
    identical but I need to certain before purchase.

    Any details would be greatly appreciated.

    ccannick, Mar 16, 2010

  2. ccannick

    solx Guest

    On 16/03/2010 04:33, ccannick wrote:
    > Is there any physical difference between the Sun workstation version
    > of this card and any other (Dell, HP, PNY, etc). They appear to be
    > identical but I need to certain before purchase.
    >
    > Any details would be greatly appreciated.

    I have noticed that Sun might sell the same physical hardware but they
    can also encourage customers to purchase Sun supplied hardware by using
    custom ROMs which their device drivers recognise. This problem tends to
    be a SPARC platform based issue than x86 platform issue.

    solx, Mar 16, 2010

  3. Am 16.03.2010 04:33, * ccannick:
    > Is there any physical difference between the Sun workstation version
    > of this card and any other (Dell, HP, PNY, etc). They appear to be
    > identical but I need to certain before purchase.

    They are exactly the same. All the Quadro cards are manufactured by PNY
    and use their BIOS.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Mar 18, 2010