NVidia SLI with Intel 975X motherboards possible?

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Southpaw, Sep 17, 2006.

  1. Southpaw

    Southpaw Guest

    Subject says it all...

    I purchased a Infinity 975X/G motherboard for my C2D 6700 and its not a bad
    board... to few SATA ports IMHO (looking at replacing it with the Asus PWD
    mobo...

    I see that the NVidia 590 chipset is not out for any Intel boards so my
    problem is that I can either replace my motherboard or just swap out my BFG
    7900GT for a ATI 1950XTX so i have the crossfire thing working when i add a
    second video card down the road..

    has anyone got the nvidia SLI working on hte intel chipset boards?

    Southpaw, Sep 17, 2006

  2. Southpaw

    job Guest

    What about a 1 slot SLI card?Got $500.00?

    job, Sep 28, 2006

  3. Southpaw

    Southpaw Guest

    i actually do (after i sent back my 7900GT OC... that was like 360.00 and
    newegg has discontinued those cards it appears... they gave me full price
    back for it and i upgraded to the 7950GX2.. my gawd its nice..
    3dmark2006 went from 4,800 to 10,100 :)

    i have not even started to overclock the E6700 yet... have to get a better
    fan (using stock intel now)

    :)

    Southpaw, Sep 30, 2006