    anyone?

    thanks
    alex

    Alex Hunsley, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Alex Hunsley

    Nero Guest

    1. It's not meant for that board
    2.Most things in it will not work with that board.
    If you read what it said you would see what boards it is meant for and that
    it was never meant for that board.
    IF it was then they would say so.
    I see no point in installing software that was not written for a certain
    board.
    To me that's like expecting software that will only work with an Intel
    cpu/board to work with an AMD.
    They will never have a version that will work with that board as the -E
    version of the board has replaced the first one.

    Nero, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Alex Hunsley

    Nero Guest

    One other thing..........
    NO software is that accurate anyway.
    If I measure temps directly from stick on thermometers and use a volt meter
    then I get as close to the real readings as anything.

    Nero, Jun 13, 2004
  4. Alex Hunsley

    Doug Ramage Guest

    Temps & volts graphs show up for my A7N8X de luxe (rev 1.04) mobo. I am
    using the 1.00.00 version.

    I am downloading version 1.08.5, as I type. It is meant for all nforce2 &
    nforce3 based mobos.

    Doug Ramage, Jun 13, 2004
  5. Alex Hunsley

    Doug Ramage Guest

    Humble apologies - my error. :(

    I was thinking of the Asus probe utility.

    Neither version 1.00.00 nor 1.08.5 give me any graphs.

    Doug Ramage, Jun 13, 2004
  6. Alex Hunsley

    Nero Guest

    But not for that board.
    Where on the site does it say that it is for use with the A7N8X (all
    versions )???
    Nowhere......
    The only version of that board is the -E that is in the list.

    Nero, Jun 13, 2004
  7. Alex Hunsley

    Nero Guest

    No probs.............
    Probe and not the other thing.

    Nero, Jun 13, 2004
  8. Alex Hunsley

    Paul Guest

    Does Asus Probe have that function ? Go to the Asus download page
    and in the search box, enter the word "Tools", as programs like
    Asus Probe are stored in the "Tools" section.

    The problem with many of the Asus boards, is they use slightly
    different methods for connecting the SMbus. The author of
    Motherboard Monitor (mbm.livewiredev.com) for example, has
    spent countless hours programming for the peculiarities of
    motherboards and the way their monitor chips are connected.
    A program like the Nvidia utility, is designed to work with
    a design like the Nvidia reference design motherboard, and
    the Nvidia software writers are not going to waste their time
    doing all the things that the author of MBM5 had to do. If the
    Nvidia software probes what it thinks is the SMbus, looking
    for monitor chips, and it doesn't find any, then that would
    be a good reason for the graphs to disappear.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 13, 2004
  9. Alex Hunsley