NVIDIA WDM Video Capture (Universal) drivers and the code 10 error

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Alley Cat, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. Alley Cat

    Alley Cat Guest

    I've seen many discussions on the code 10 error when trying to install
    the WDM video capture (universal) drivers. I now have this problem,
    but cannot find an 'always works' solution. I have tried different
    versions of drivers, removed the ACPI drivers and reverted to Standard
    PC, checked the PCI slot next to my AGP slot is empty, disabled then
    enabled the driver in device manager etc etc with no joy.

    Does anybody have a guaranteed solution and an explanation for why
    this error occurs with this driver ?

    For info, I have the following setup:

    Gainward NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 128Mb AGP 8x (BIOS information
    4.28.20.05.00)
    ASUS A7N8X deluxe MB
    AMD Athlon 2400+
    512Mb DDR RAM
    Win XP Home SP1 with some recent patch updates from m/soft

    As a secondary note - how do I reinstall ACPI drivers ? I can't
    figure it out and have lost some nice features of ACPI e.g. auto
    powerdown.

    Cheers

    Alex

    Alley Cat, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Alley Cat

    edde Guest

    Is your card a Vivo version?

    edde, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Alley Cat

    ... et al. Guest

    Tried returning to an earlier Restore Point if you have any?

    Else. In Device Manager, Standard PC, Properties, Update Driver, select
    driver myself, look for and choose whatever HAL you want. (Was this how
    you changed Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) originally? And then like
    me you don't see the other HAL's when trying to change back?)

    I then tried to do a repair install of WinNT 5.1 and press F5 at the
    appropriate time (when it says to press F6 to install a 3rd-party SCSI
    driver). It took about as long as a new install, and after a final
    restart to boot into XP landed me into a blue "Stop Error Screen", stop
    error = IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. :-(
    I ended up doing a full fresh reinstall.

    Not very encouraging i'm afraid, so standard disclaimers apply. No
    guarantees and make sure to back up important data before trying.

    ... et al., Jan 24, 2004