nView Display Mode is greyed out when using Windows Media Player?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by ANTant, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Is it normal for Windows Media Player, with a video file (e.g., MPEG-2,
    WMV, etc.) loaded (doesn't have to be playing), to disable nView Display
    Mode? I am using NVIDIA v81.98, XFX GeForce 6800 (AGP; 128 MB), and
    Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates).

    The reason why I ask is I like to enable/disable secondary display (TV)
    to watch videos. It is a pain in the butt to stop playing recorded
    videos, enable secondary output, and then reload the file. Even worse
    for time shifting feature in another software (DVBviewer).

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "Ever watch ants just crawling around? They walk in that single straight line, a long, a long, long mile of ants. Sometimes they will walk over and pick up their dead friends and carry those around. I'm pretty sure it's because they can get in the carpool lane and pass up that line." --Ellen DeGeneres
    /\___/\
    ( )

    ANTant, Jan 9, 2006

  2. ANTant

    bigspud Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 01:36:53 -0600,
    mine does same thing, crappy drivers
    or hardware limitation. ati cards
    dont have this problem, and can
    actually have all 3 displays going
    at once. i would suggest dumping
    your nvidia card and getting an ati,
    thats what i am going to do.

    bigspud, Jan 9, 2006

  3. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Is it normal for Windows Media Player, with a video file (e.g., MPEG-2,
    Funny, I got my NVIDIA 6800 card from ATI Radeon 9800 AIW card because of
    its buggy driver and software. Ugh!

    So, there is no hack, addons, or anything to do this? :(

    ANTant, Jan 10, 2006
  4. ANTant

    bigspud Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 20:51:47 -0600,
    both brands have their problems, but
    if using multiple displays with one
    card, ati is the clear choice.

    bigspud, Jan 10, 2006
  5. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Yeah, it seems NVIDIA is better for me because: 1) better Linux support,
    and 2) NVIDIA software seems to have less problems compared to ATI to my
    experience.

    ANTant, Jan 11, 2006
  6. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    I noticed QuickTime Player does this too. :(

    ANTant, Jan 11, 2006
  7. I'm guessing that changing the secondary display mode has an effect on
    the video overlay which would stomp on it if changed while it was
    active, so it doesn't let you change those settings while a video
    overlay is running.

    Robert Hancock, Jan 20, 2006