nVstrap help please... Enabling Vertex and Pixel units on a 6600??

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Cory Dunkle, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. Cory Dunkle

    Cory Dunkle Guest

    How might I go about testing for any locked vertex or poixel units on a 6600
    card? I'm using RivaTuner w/ nVstrap. Is that the best way to do it? Are
    there other programs that will do the same thing?

    Anyhow, I have a list of 32 addresses, 9 of which are enabled. Those enabled
    are as follows:
    bit field / bit mask Description
    bit 00 - 0x00000001 Pixel unit 0
    bit 01 - 0x00000002 Pixel unit 1
    bit 08 - 0x00000100 Vertex unit 0
    bit 09 - 0x00000200 Vertex unit 1
    bit 10 - 0x00000400 Vertex unit 2
    bit 16 - 0x00010000 N/A
    bit 17 - 0x00020000 N/A
    bit 18 - 0x00040000 N/A
    bit 19 - 0x00080000 N/A

    Is there any particdular method to see if there is anything to "unlock" or
    is is systematically testing enabling each location and seeing if it works,
    is faster, or locks up? Are there any articles online about this sort of
    thing? Thanks for any advice or information anyone can offer.

    Cory

    Cory Dunkle, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Cory Dunkle

    Inglo Guest

    In RivaTuner is anything marked "yes" under HW Masked? No? That would
    make sense because there isn't anything on the 6600 to unlock.

    Inglo, Jun 26, 2005

  3. Cory Dunkle

    Cory Dunkle Guest

    Okay, that's what I wanted to know. I figured since IIRC the 6600 GT has
    extra vertex and pixel units there could be something to enable, as there is
    with the 6800 to 6800 GT/Ultra. Guess I won't worry about it and will just
    continue to oveerclock. It's running stable at 370/581 now. Too much more on
    the memory and it gives artifacts. Still going up on the GPU, so far it's
    stable. Memory speed seems to be the primary limiting factor though, as far
    as performance is concerned.

    Cory Dunkle, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Cory Dunkle

    oldwolf Guest

    Im running mine @ 380/610 (msi6600td), and have no probs. Running stuff like
    Far Cry, D3, Halo, RTCW, UII, etc. No heat probs either, still running stock
    cooler.

    oldwolf

    oldwolf, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Cory Dunkle

    dr ratt Guest

    i run my msi 6600 at 500/1000. the 77.30 driver optimised the speed to
    550/1100 but i get artifacts in bf2 [not d3, hl2/cs, though] at those
    speeds.

    dr ratt

    dr ratt, Jun 26, 2005
  6. Cory Dunkle

    dr ratt Guest

    the 6600gts & ultras don't have extra pipelines over the vanilla. the
    difference is the vram. vanilla has ddr, gt & ultra have ddr3.

    dr ratt

    dr ratt, Jun 26, 2005
  7. Cory Dunkle

    dawg Guest

    Sure there are. At least on the older version. It was a crippled GT.

    dawg, Jun 28, 2005