Nvsvc.exe(NVidia Display Driver process) takes high CPU usage., Highcpu usage of Nvidia display driv

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by GL Starter, Oct 8, 2010.

  1. GL Starter

    GL Starter Guest

    Dear Experts,

    I found CPU usage of nvsvc32.exe is 0~30 % in my Machine.

    I developed an opengl application, that require smooth display,
    but i cannot achieve smooth rendering in my machine only because of
    the
    high cpu usage of nvsvc32.exe.

    I checked another machine with same configuration and found the cpu
    usage of nvsvc32.exe is 0%. Therefore I can achieve smooth rendering
    of
    opengl application in that machine.

    I have some questions
    1) What may the reason for high CPU usage of nvsvc32.exe in one
    machine,
    and in other is 0%. How can I solve this issue ?
    Is there any way to identify the issue in my machine ?
    Is it depend on the driver version ?

    Sine nvsvc32.exe is a driver, i think terminating that process is
    not a good solution for my problem. Anyway Now I terminated
    nvsvc32.exe
    and rendering is smooth. Is there any problem with terminating this
    service.

    Detailed machine configuration are below.
    Configuration two machines are same.
    Machine Configuration:

    Graphics Card details:
    Name : NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    DAC Type : Integrated RAMDAC
    Approx Memory: 512 MB
    Chip Type : GeForce 9600 GT
    Curebnt DisplayMode : 1280 * 1024 ( 32 bit ) (60Hz)

    Drivers:
    Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
    Version: 6.14.0012.5896(English)
    date : 2010/07/10
    WHQL logo d: yes
    Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
    VDD : n/a
    DDI Version: 9(Or higher)

    Operating System: windows XP Prof Ver 2002 SP3.
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3 GHz, 2.99 GHz,
    Ram : 2.75 gb of RAM

    Few more details about nvsvc2.exe
    In normal behavior machine(cpu usage of nvsvc2.exe is 0%) Number of
    threads used by nvsvc2.exe is 4.
    But in abnormal behavior machine(cpu usage of nvsvc2.exe is 0~30%)
    Number of threads used by nvsvc2.exe is 7 to 8.
    Thread count changes between 7 and 8, when I checked thread details
    with process explorer
    found one new thread appeared and disappeared within one second(Cpu
    usage of this thread is high 8~10%).

    I took call stack of the new thread(nvsvc32.exe+0x3c34).
    0 ntkrnlpa.exe!KiUnexpectedInterrupt+0xbc
    1 ntkrnlpa.exe!PsDereferencePromaryToken+0x342
    2 ntdll!KiFastSystemCallRet
    3 kernel32.dll!Sleep+0xf
    4 nvsrc32.exe+0x3cb6
    5 kernel32.dll!GetModuleNameA+0x1b4

    Detailed Thread Information from ProcessExplorer.
    Threads
    TID CPU CSwitchDelta Start Address
    4916 6.92 49 nvsvc32.exe+0x3c34
    1012 16 ADVAPI32.dll!CryptVerifySignatureW+0x17
    1008 nvsvc32.exe+0x12558
    568 nvsvc32.exe+0x3c34
    1016 nvsvc32.exe+0x51d0
    1024 4 nvsvc32.exe+0x3c34