    Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
    From: - Find messages by this author
    Date: 28 Sep 2005 18:38:56 -0700
    Subject: S-Video and MSI NX6600 PCI-E
    original | Report Abuse

    Hello,
    I have this MSI card (Starforce Geforce Nx6600) and it has an S-video
    out jack. Right now it is plugged into a monitor with a regular VGA
    adapter, but it also came with an s-video cable with 3 rgb cables
    connected (RGB).

    I plugged that into the S-Video jack of my LCD TV - switched it to
    S-video. No video - just a blue screen?

    Should I not be able to see my my desktop when that happesn.

    Ulitimately I want to be able to run Windows Media player through it to
    my TV.

    Any suggestions how to get the S-Video working on it?

    Thanks,

    Tmuld

    Tmuld, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Tmuld

    Nikonja Guest

    You have to enable video out in your nvidia control panel !

    Nikonja, Oct 1, 2005

  3. Tmuld

    dawg Guest

    What you are probably seeing is the extended desktop. You can try moving
    your mouse past the edge of the screen.To see what's on the screen you need
    to run "clone" I think. I'm starting to mess arond with this myself lately.

    dawg, Oct 8, 2005