    cleanly.

    Any Idea?

    Christopher

    Christopher Borbach, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Christopher Borbach

    Ben Myers Guest

    Well, the Realtek Ethernet chipset and Realtek's support have never impressed
    me. (I recently installed and and donated to a Realtek 10/100 PCI card to a
    needy family. I will probably never ask one of my clients for one.) Putting a
    Realtek chip in a notebook is yet another effort by the HPaq to cut product cost
    and quality at the same time, and you the customer are left holding the bag (or
    stomping out a burning paper bag left on your doorstep).

    May I suggest installing and using a now-inexpensive name-brand PC Card 10/100
    Ethernet card, such as a 3COM/MegaHertz or Intel, both with comprehensive driver
    support and good quality diagnostics?

    You may also have encountered a software defect in Micro$oft's telnet
    implementation. Try one of the several very good open source telnet programs
    for Windows... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Thank you Ben!

    Now I use PuTTY which works fine. On my DELL notebook I always used M$
    telnet without any problems. I just wonder how such a simple task like
    cut/paste can force the NIC go down. So I hope othe tasks wil work fine in
    the future ...

    Christopher

    Christopher Borbach, Jan 28, 2004