    closer to 2.5GHz at lower voltages, but perhaps they were using fairly
    low-end air (they don't seem to mention their HSF???). Still, good
    comparison, but they should have OC'd the A64 and the P4 :)

    Michael Brown, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    It would have been nice to see OC Athlon64 with some price to performance
    ratios. I believe that you are right, they must not have had a good mobile
    chip for OC'ing.

    Rusty, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Rusty

    Wes Newell Guest

    They overclocked the XP-M and ran the A64 at stock speeds. The A64 3000+
    overclcoked to 2333Mhz would have killed the overclockied 2500+. It
    wouldn't have even been a contest. If you want bang for the buck then you
    can't beat this.

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/print/sempron-3100-oc.html

    Wes Newell, Nov 18, 2004
  5. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    I am sure it is. Currently I would have to buy memory, motherboard, cpu,
    heatsink. My current system is a 1700+ at 1900MHz 1.875v, NF7-S, 512MB
    Micron DDR2100 at 173MHz 2.8v, GF5900SE at 450/880, Seagate 40GB 7200
    ATA100.

    As you can see I would at minimum have to replace the ram, motherboard,
    heatsink, and processor. I could use a new SATA hard drive. The total cost
    to upgrade is not exactly a bargain. I think it would be in my best
    interest to wait for the Nforce4 SLI boards and get a FX51 or FX53
    processor, GF6600GT, LL DDR3500 ram, and a SATA hard drive or two. Total
    cost would be around 1,400 to 1,600 depending upon what prices do after
    Christmas (around march best time to buy). I could still sell my old
    components for a decent price at this time, I am afraid if I hold out to
    long my older components will be worthless.

    Thanks,

    Rusty, Nov 19, 2004
  6. Rusty

    Wblane Guest

    Interesting link. I've got one of the newer mobile Bartons (IQFYA @ 2600).
    It'll be interesting to see how far I can push this mobile over my 2800 Barton
    (@2340, 2.10V Vcore and running hot).

    Wblane, Nov 22, 2004