    the files" etc) I would really appreciate the input!

    Cheers

    -Gaiko

    Gaikokujin Kyofusho, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Gaikokujin Kyofusho

    philo Guest

    go the the website of the mfg and get a hradrive diagnostic

    it could be a bad drive!

    philo, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Gaikokujin Kyofusho

    kony Guest

    Check your memory with http://www.memtest86.com for several hours.

    If the external drive is connected by USB2, see if you can find a pattern
    to this corruption. How is this error made evident to you, exactly?

    You might try connecting the enclosure to a USB1.1 port if it's currently
    using USB2, some enclosure chips seem a bit buggy under (unknow specific)
    situations. I vaguely recall that some ALI chips seemed to cause this
    sort of problem, possibly from overheating. Opening your enclosure and
    examining the circuit board should reveal which chipset the board is based
    around, it would be one of (or the only) larger chip on the board.

    kony, Feb 18, 2004