    were ever given. Shouldn't either the S.M.A.R.T. system
    or the Promise controller complain at some point?

    -Philip

    Philip Wright, Jul 17, 2006

  2. Philip Wright

    old man Guest

    1) Smart 'may' not function when the hd is connected to this controler (it
    doesnt on my controler)
    2) In theory the raid utility should notify you if there is a problem with
    the array itself, in practice not allways!
    Which haveing being burnt is why I now use a $350 raid card, with full error
    reporting of array and hd's by win msg, email and alarm tone.
    Also not all hd manu. checking utilities are able to check disks connected
    to raid controlers

    old man, Jul 17, 2006