    up to the laptop. Hitting the Function key to toggle throught the
    LCD/CRT options has no effect. Could be the monitor is starting to
    fail. Other ideas?

    TexasMirty, Jun 23, 2006

  2. TexasMirty

    Tom Scales Guest

    You have to UNCHECK it from the current primary BEFORE you can check it on
    the other monitor.

    Stupid design.

    Tom Scales, Jun 23, 2006

  3. TexasMirty

    TexasMirty Guest

    That makes sense actually. But since my external monitor is dead
    (although still set as primary), I'll have to grab another monitor and
    hook the laptop up to that.

    Thanks.

    TexasMirty, Jun 23, 2006
  4. TexasMirty

    Tom Scales Guest

    Actually, you don't. Right click on the working monitor and choose
    properties. It will bring up display properties on the wrong monitor (which
    you can't see).

    Press Alt+Spacebar and then the letter M. This will put that window in move
    mode. Use the cursor to move it around until you can see it. For example,
    if the 'missing monitor' is setup to be to the right of the working monitor,
    press left arrow.

    Then uncheck/check and you're done.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jun 23, 2006