    or,
    INDIVIDUAL FAN and RETAIL CPU for the 3 year guarantee?

    know nothing, help appreciated, thanks

    Coron, Nov 9, 2003

  2. If you're going to be overclocking, you'll be getting MORE then your moneys
    worth! It's highly recommended that you get a better HS to keep the temps
    down which makes your system more stable. For the extra couple of bucks, a
    3 year warranty is well worth it.

    Recommended HS is made by Thermalright .... SLK800 or 900. Best HS on the
    market...without the cost of water cooling.

    The TweakOholic, Nov 9, 2003

  3. or phase change! mmmmm phase change.

    tim

    \(\) |V| 3 G /-\\, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Coron

    Alex Guest

    I found with the retail HSF, I could get my 2500 to 3200 with only a 2
    degree increase (still running around 46 degrees).

    Alex, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Coron

    Ed Guest

    Heatsinks are over rated, besides what's the advantages of a CPU running
    at 45C compared to say 65C, as long as it runs stable there is no
    advantage, the chips are rated to a max die temp of 85C, you'll probably
    upgrade 10 years before it would die anyway! At least I know I will. ;p

    The only thing a big HS will really do for you is allow you to use less
    noisy fans, it's the only reason I didn't use my retail AMD HS/fan.

    just my $0.02
    Ed

    Ed, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Coron

    Jerry Guest

    that is cool
    didnt know that stock hsf were that good.
    the Aero 7+ Lite is very goood in cooling and budget wise as well :)
    am using that myself and its 3/4 full(u get a fan controller) and temps 41C
    idle

    Jerry, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Coron

    Coron Guest

    Thanks for all the advice, I seem to remember reading on Tom's hardware
    somewhere that some motherboards now dont have the holes to accomodate large
    cpu fans, is this something I should be checking out? I was gonna get a DFI
    lanparty ultra 2

    Coron, Nov 11, 2003