  1. The_tober

    The_tober Guest

    Is there an official forum for home (non corporate) users on the HP sites?

    The_tober, Dec 11, 2003

  2. The_tober

    Ben Myers Guest

    Not to my knowledge. HP has a love'm and leave'm policy with home users.
    Love'm until you pay the money, then leave'm. This newsgroup is a good as it
    gets for HP home systems... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 11, 2003

  3. No. This is the only place to ask for help in.

    HP removed the consumer message boards a long time ago due to people
    complaining about lousy computer equipment, lack of support, inability
    to find drivers, so they removed them to silence critics and make them
    shut up and go away.

    Nunnayabidniz, Dec 11, 2003
  4. The_tober

    Quaoar Guest

    BTW, this is *exactly* what HP did.

    Quaoar, Dec 12, 2003
  5. The_tober

    Ben Myers Guest

    Official forums on name-brand computer web sites are almost a thing of the past.
    Even when moderated, the postings are too strong for even the moderators to
    take, and the corporate weenies in the ivory tower don't want to hear it all.

    Exception: Microsoft. Why? It corporate culture instills a very strong "We
    don't give a damn what the customer thinks or says." Sort of like George II not
    reading the newspapers... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 12, 2003
  6. The_tober

    Bob Headrick Guest

    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=405
    is a forum for "Home PC's - Pavilion". There are other forums sponsored under
    the business support forums at
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/home.do?forumId=2 that
    might apply to your particular system. There are also support forums for
    Microsoft software including forums for Win 95/98/ME, NT, and XP in the IT
    support forums at
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/home.do?forumId=1 .

    While these forums are slated for IT professionals of Business customers there
    are no restrictions on participation. I would guess that about half the
    questions in the printing section are from home users.

    Regards,

    Bob Headrick, Dec 12, 2003
  7. The_tober

    CSUjr

    Joined:
    May 10, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    NW Washington State, USA
    Seeking other HP Pavilion Media Center, TV PC owners/users

    Sorry for the re-post, I posted this in the wrong place at first.

    Last edited: May 10, 2007
    CSUjr, May 10, 2007
  8. The_tober

    snazzzle

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Lewisham, London
    snazzzle, Aug 14, 2007
  9. The_tober

    Gianni

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I just joined I had a hp visa laptop that just crashed and even get it to turn on black screen only had nothing but trouble with it could anybody recommend a hp laptop ?

    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    Gianni, Apr 17, 2013