OH YEAH BABY, I AM THE KING !!! =D

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, May 12, 2004.

  1. Wellllllll

    I was getting worried...

    Since when I played video's I was seeing these nasty ugly blue and red
    squares on my screen.

    Also the light demo showed this in the water.

    First I thought I had damaged my card since the asus p3v4x motherboard did
    not auto detect/auto set the agp 4x etc.

    I tried hitting del to go to the bios setup on the first boot... but I was
    just a bit to late.

    So first I ran the light demo with AGP 1x. The particles/dots looked like
    squares... but it was still pretty impressive !

    Then I did a reboot... this time I went to the bios... and I set agp to 4x
    and (unfortunately) I enabled fast write.

    Saved it reboot and did the light demo again... this time dots looks good
    like dots like in the movie :D

    But there where little artificats on the water...

    Then I also played some movies... and to my horror... I saw red and blue
    dots when the screen went black.. yak !

    Reminded me of my old 80486 which had numerical problems hehehehe.

    I had a feeling the fast write option was to blame since it was undocumented
    in the p3v4x manual... so I did some little searching on the net...

    And it turned out that fast write is a competing technology with something
    else... I forgot it's name.

    So I went back to the bios... turn fast write off (disabled).

    And rebooted.... this the the video's played perfectly !!!!! =DDD without
    ugly blue/red dots :)

    This time the water looks good tooooooo wiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I
    just tested it :p =D

    I must have used AGP 1x with my TNT2 card as well doh ! I wonder if TNT2
    card can do AGP 2x or something... maybe it would have been faster....
    wiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    I still have to try RTCW with AGP4x wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

    Oh yeah one more question that remains is... does FX5200 support USWC

    ( uncacheable, speculative write combining ) ?

    I ll leave it at disabled for now =DDDD

    Oh yeah one more thing... I also set the graphics aperture size to 128 mb...
    I think that means how much memory the card has ! it was at 64 mb... but I
    think the card has 128 mb so it should be set at 128 mb !

    Well I am off

    Seeeee yoooou laterrrrrrr..

    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 12, 2004