OK use SB Live Drive IR front panel with Audigy 2 ZS ?

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Jeff Galli, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. Jeff Galli

    Jeff Galli Guest

    I am replacing an SB Live Drive IR card with an Audigy 2 ZS. I want to use the Live Drive front panel with the Audigy. The only difference between the Live Drive front panel and the Audigy front panel is that the Audigy has a firewire port. Other than that, all the other connectors and controls are the same, and are even laid out in the same place.

    However, the ribbon connectors on the two cards are laid out differently.

    So....... the question is..... if I connect my SB live front panel to the Audigy 2 card (a) will the connectors work and (b) will I fry my new Audigy card?

    I suppose there is one more question: did Creative change the connector configuration so folks like me could NOT use their Live Drive front panels with the Audigy 2?

    Thanks for the help.

    --

    -- Jeff

    http://www.gallilaw.com/

    Jeff Galli, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Jeff Galli

    Lenny Guest

    I'd say it is a fair assumption your computer will catch fire if you connect
    your old livedrive with the new audigy...

    I wonder: why did you not buy the front panel version of the Audigy in the
    first place?

    Lenny, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Jeff Galli

    Aloke Prasad Guest

    You can cause serious damage (electrical short circuit) if you do so.

    Check out Creative's own news server at

    news.creativelabs.com

    They have lots of discussion on issues relating to their products over
    there..
    --
    Aloke
    ----

    Aloke Prasad, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Jeff Galli

    Luxx

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    At first: the Live Drive 2 for Audigy 2 and up is NOT compatible with older SoundBlaster versions. In reverse: the old Live Drive (I) is not compatible with newer versions of SoundBlaster cards like Audigy 2, Audigy 2 ZS, Audigy 4 or Audigy X-Fi.
    Live Drive I (SB0010C) is compatible with SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 (Platinum) and Audigy 1 (SB12xx and SB 13xx); Live Drive II (SB0250) is compatible with upward called cards.
    A part of functions from Live Drive I can be activated on Audigy 2 and up. More informations about you can read on the froum from driverheaven.net. But please be very sure that you know what you do! Electrical damages are not part of warranty. :)

    Good luck!

    Luxx, Dec 2, 2008
  5. Jeff Galli

    sencaw