    I find that I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for on Asus
    motherboards here. Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where I
    can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?

    JJY, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Here's a place you can try...

    http://forums.pcper.com/

    Peter van der Goes, Mar 10, 2005

  3. JJY

    Axl Myk Guest

    Well, seeing as I do not recall a post by you asking for info, then I
    suppose you WON'T get the info you need.. Gotta ask Qs dude.

    Axl Myk, Mar 10, 2005
  4. JJY

    dino Guest

    there is chipset/manufacturer specific forums for M/B's...so if you said
    what you actually have...might be able to point you in right direction.

    dino, Mar 10, 2005
  5. JJY

    Peacekeeper Guest

    Peacekeeper, Mar 11, 2005
  6. JJY

    Oldish sod Guest

    What do you want to do on/with this new computer? The answer might
    even be a Mac, for all the information you have provided..
    HTH

    Oldish sod, Mar 11, 2005
  7. JJY

    dino Guest

    exactly..what do you have?????AMD...Pentium....and as said before...have you
    asked nything here???

    dino, Mar 11, 2005
  8. JJY

    JJY Guest

    Arg, posting here is so frustrating. :) No one reads.

    My original post said "Can anyone recommend me a good Forum somewhere where
    I can get some help deciding which Asus board is the right one for me?"

    Obviously I don't have one yet. I'm looking to buy one. More specifically,
    hesitating between the A8N-SLI and the A8N-E.

    JJY, Mar 11, 2005
  9. JJY

    JJY Guest

    2 threads were spawned on the subject, and one was even re-posted with the
    prefix "Take 2" since no one replied the first time. All in the past week.

    Just because you "do not recall" them doesn't automatically mean they were
    never posted. :p

    JJY, Mar 11, 2005
  10. JJY

    JJY Guest

    Thanks, I'll give them a shot.

    JJY, Mar 11, 2005
  11. JJY

    Axl Myk Guest

    But then again, if someone is going to post a message 3 times, people
    will ignore them, thinking the poster is better off going to a store and
    buying a system instead of building one..

    Axl Myk, Mar 11, 2005
  12. JJY

    Ben Pope Guest

    Yeah, sorry - I'm guilty of that one too.

    This is one of the best places to post, that I know of. There are quite
    a few knowledgable here here.

    Anyway, try nForcersHQ, thats the best nForce related forum, and they
    have an Asus group on there.

    http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/
    I think you've decided on SLI since it was more features.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Mar 11, 2005
  13. JJY

    milleron Guest

    Gee, I think you got a number of good responses to the thread you
    started on this question. I very seriously doubt that you're going to
    find much more authoritative information on other fora.

    Perhaps you just want someone to come right out and tell you which
    board to buy. If that's the case, get the A8N-SLI.
    Ron

    milleron, Mar 11, 2005
  14. JJY

    JJY Guest

    So the reason for the lack of replies was that no question was ever asked.
    When it's mentioned how it was asked 3 times, you respond that this is the
    reason it got no replies.

    Essentially, what you're saying to me is that you really don't like being
    corrected.

    I can dig that.

    JJY, Mar 11, 2005
  15. JJY

    JJY Guest

    Yes, I finally started getting responses in the past 24h since posting my
    request for other forums.

    It has been asked a week prior with little returns.

    Incidentally, yours was among the most helpful replies (in the other
    thread).

    JJY, Mar 11, 2005
  16. JJY

    Axl Myk Guest

    Did I say that? Damn, you're good at saying things for others..

    Axl Myk, Mar 11, 2005
  17. JJY

    Lief Guest

    Be thankful for any help you do get, no one is paid here to help you.

    Lief, Mar 14, 2005