    2600+ that has on, to a better m/b and use an old duron on it that
    hangs here totaly unused for a machine a family member needs.

    -fs

    fs, Aug 21, 2004

  2. fs

    Paul Guest

    This page will tell you what processors work with an Asus motherboard.
    Type the name in the search box and it will list the processors, plus
    what minimum revision of BIOS and revision of motherboard is
    required.

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Beware not to set fsb200 on the motherboard !

    A socalled fsb200 cpu (there are also fsb333 and fsb400) don't need a
    jumper setting on the motherboard for fsb200, but for fsb100 !!

    In the same style: the fsb400 needs a setting for 200 MHz on the
    motherboard.

    You have a factor 2x because the cpu is double-pumped. P4 are
    quad-pumped, and has a factor 4x.

    best regards

    John

    JK ( at mail dot dk), Aug 23, 2004