    # VESA DDC 1/2b/2b+ monitor support
    # Full OpenGL® and Microsoft® DirectX® support
    # WDM DirectShow® compliant

    lucky, Dec 17, 2003

  2. lucky

    SpongeBob Guest

    Which AIW are you using?

    SpongeBob, Dec 17, 2003

  3. lucky

    mrgreg Guest

    Check the card to see if it's keyed for 1.5 volts.

    Connector edge of card should look something similar to this.

    |_______|-|______|-|______|-|_|
    | securing notch
    | |
    3.3 volt |
    1.5 volt
    If there is a notch halfway down the edge as shown it will use 1.5 volt.

    mrgreg, Dec 17, 2003
  4. lucky

    Ed Guest

  5. lucky

    lucky Guest

    mrgreg wrote:

    http://www.ati.com/support/faq/agpchart.html

    the card and slot I have looks like Figure D so I guess it's what you
    call universal 2x4x in a 3.3 slot. Worked in my p3bf fine of course.
    Would the voltage be on the card itself? I couldn't see any printing in
    the position I was looking at it. The above web page shows radeon
    listed as universal agp, 2.0, 3.3/1.5 signaling 2x/4x supprt. Since it's
    universal 2x4x is it possible it's capable at running either at 1.5 or
    3.3? Just want to make sure I'm not reading it wrong. For the $ I paid
    for it, it should run both :)

    Here is the manual for the board for reference.
    http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/slot1/440bx/p3b-f/p3bf-104.pdf
    page 13 shows the pic of the board so I'd say it was a 3.3 volt 2x slot.

    The manual for the all in wonder radeon is
    http://www.ati.com/support/manualpd...iwPCproducts&submit.x=9&submit.y=5&submit=GO!
    according to their website but I swear the hard copy at home listed the
    128 and not the 8575 on the front cover. Oh well.

    So after all that research it looks like as long as I picked a 4x agp
    with 1.5 volts I will be able to use my AIW correct?

    Thanks for your help.

    lucky, Dec 19, 2003
  6. lucky

    mrgreg Guest

    Most newer motherboards only support 1.5 volts. A 4X card which supports
    1.5 volt will run fine in a board which supports 4X or 8 speed.. If your
    card supports 1.5 volts it will run in a current generation motherboard. You
    should be safe as your AIW supports the 1.5 volt spec. if it only supported
    3.3 volt you would not be able to use it.

    mrgreg, Dec 19, 2003
  7. lucky

    lucky Guest

    For the record, my old agp board works fine on the p4p800 deluxe. Well,
    at least for the first few days after Christmas

    lucky, Dec 31, 2003