old 8meg Rage Pro model All-in-Wonder , need advice

Discussion in 'ATI' started by newsagedude, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. newsagedude

    newsagedude Guest

    ok I got the old thing working. now i need to know something about
    the codecs it uses.

    I figure the compression wasnt that great so my plan was to capture
    as .avi and divx that since i'm pretty good with divx5 and big drives
    are getting affordable.

    but ATI VCR 1.0 doesnt play on another system
    mpeg raw doesnt seem to have any audio

    and indeo raw doesnt play on another system..

    anyone doing any good with this route? how should i go about this?
    can i install the player on another machine for the codec support?

    where is the audio stored?
    i'm using cable tv as my source so i dont think i need to connect
    anything to the audio card

    anyone know how to do this?

    newsagedude, Jul 31, 2003