    has long ago been password protected. If there is any other
    way aside from replacing the bios, I would sure appreciate
    knowing it. It's a Acer Extensa 367D. Any and all help appreciated.

    Russ, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Russ

    budgie Guest

    Can you boot it?

    budgie, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Russ

    Russ Guest

    Yes, It boots fine. But, it does so without all the added features
    only available from the setup screen.

    Russ, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Russ

    budgie Guest

    OK, search for and run KILLCMOS after DISABLING any virus protection. This
    writes to CMOS causing a checksum error, and this in turn generates a boot-time
    error message which gets you into BIOS setup.

    budgie, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Russ

    Russ Guest

    Many thanks for the reply:

    I did as you said and there does not appear to be a file named KILLCMOS
    in this version of win95 that came with the Acer.

    Would that have to be done from a c: prompt perhaps? I'm not that familiar
    with searching in dos.

    Russ

    Russ, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Russ

    Russ Guest

    Do I feel silly? Duh!
    Did an Internet search and found it right off! Worked!

    Many thanks!

    Russ

    Russ, Mar 4, 2004
  7. Russ

    budgie Guest

    KILLCMOS isn't part of Windoze or from MS. You will need to google for it
    (KILLCMOS.ZIP) or I can email it if your addie works. But beware - because it
    writes to CMOS most virus software sees it as a threat, and it may not get to
    you.

    budgie, Mar 4, 2004
  8. Russ

    budgie Guest

    You're welcome. Now to train you to bottom-post ;-)

    budgie, Mar 4, 2004
  9. Russ

    Russ Guest

    Like this I hope.:)