    hoping that streching to press this button could be avoided. Is there
    a BIOS setting or jumper change needed to avoid this inconvenience?

    KM

    km, Aug 11, 2005

  2. It may be that this board doesn't support ACPI. Check for a BIOS update
    or failing that just tell the client to live with it.

    Travis Jordan, Aug 11, 2005

  3. I should have mentioned... check in Device Manager / Computer and see if
    ACPI is enabled.

    Travis Jordan, Aug 11, 2005
  4. km

    Rev Guest

    km,

    I had one that did like this. Turned out I was using a PCI video card in
    it, and I had to go in and disable the system device bridging to AGP....or
    some such.

    Searching on Google ought to turn up the answer.

    Rev

    Rev, Aug 11, 2005
  5. Travis Jordan, Aug 11, 2005
  6. Travis Jordan, Aug 11, 2005
  7. Travis Jordan, Aug 11, 2005
  8. km

    km Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. The system is using an AGP card and BIOS
    reflects this so I am looking into the ACPI side of things as
    identified by Travis.

    KM

    km, Aug 12, 2005
  9. km

    km Guest

    Hello Travis

    Your input is much appreciated.

    I can find no reference to ACPI in the Device Manager for the
    "Computer".

    The BIOS does have mention of ACPI options - the default is S1/POS
    with a choice of S3/STR.

    Reading that the ACPI BIOS upgrade will then require the Operating
    System to be installed has encouraged me to accept your other advice
    ie let the new owner live with it.

    Thanks again.

    Kevin McGee

    km, Aug 12, 2005
  10. km

    Captin Guest

    It seems your computer uses an AT power supply, not ATX?
    This would explain why you have to manually turn the system on and
    off.
    Does the system have a reset button?

    Captin, Aug 30, 2005