    | |o o| |
    \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting,
    ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.

    Ant, Dec 31, 2013

  2. Ant

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ant wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I am trying to figure out if my very old office Windows XP Pro. SP2
    > PC's video card is getting too hot under heavy 3D screen usage since
    > it keeps corrupting my HDD data (already did a chkdsk and Memtest86+
    > and no problems). I can't find CCC's sensor readings like I see in my
    > home's XP Pro. SP3 PC. Does this video card not have one?
    >
    > Thank you in advance. :)

    Whether it has one - and whether it's addressable - completely depend on the
    OEM. If it's an ATI genuine then it *should* have one... Maybe find an old
    copy of Aida and see if it tells you. Oh, wait.. If it's got one GPU-Z will
    probably find it! Just pick stand alone version' rather than 'install' the
    first time you double-click it.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
    --
    </Shaun>

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).

    ~misfit~, Feb 11, 2014

  3. Ant

    Ant Guest

    > > I am trying to figure out if my very old office Windows XP Pro. SP2
    > > PC's video card is getting too hot under heavy 3D screen usage since
    > > it keeps corrupting my HDD data (already did a chkdsk and Memtest86+
    > > and no problems). I can't find CCC's sensor readings like I see in my
    > > home's XP Pro. SP3 PC. Does this video card not have one?

    > Whether it has one - and whether it's addressable - completely depend on the
    > OEM. If it's an ATI genuine then it *should* have one... Maybe find an old
    > copy of Aida and see if it tells you. Oh, wait.. If it's got one GPU-Z will
    > probably find it! Just pick stand alone version' rather than 'install' the
    > first time you double-click it.

    > http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

    Its sensors tab only showed two GPU clocks (Core and Memory). From
    what I was told in other ATI/AMD forums, this ancient video card doesn't
    have any temperature sensors. :(
    --
    Quote of the Week: "I think the ants are waking up -- they need to start
    farming so..." --Erin from The Office (U.S.) S7E18 (Todd Packer).

    Ant, Feb 12, 2014
  4. Ant

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ant wrote:
    >>> I am trying to figure out if my very old office Windows XP Pro. SP2
    >>> PC's video card is getting too hot under heavy 3D screen usage since
    >>> it keeps corrupting my HDD data (already did a chkdsk and Memtest86+
    >>> and no problems). I can't find CCC's sensor readings like I see in
    >>> my home's XP Pro. SP3 PC. Does this video card not have one?

    >> Whether it has one - and whether it's addressable - completely
    >> depend on the OEM. If it's an ATI genuine then it *should* have
    >> one... Maybe find an old copy of Aida and see if it tells you. Oh,
    >> wait.. If it's got one GPU-Z will probably find it! Just pick stand
    >> alone version' rather than 'install' the first time you double-click
    >> it.

    >> http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

    > Its sensors tab only showed two GPU clocks (Core and Memory). From
    > what I was told in other ATI/AMD forums, this ancient video card
    > doesn't have any temperature sensors. :(

    Oh well - I tried. :-/

    ~misfit~, Feb 13, 2014
  5. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Re: Old CCC v10.12 have temperature readings for a very old ATI AIW9600 video card?

    On 2/13/2014 3:06 AM PT, ~misfit~ typed:

    > Oh well - I tried. :-/

    Yea, thanks. So far, not running hot 3D does not corrupt my Windows XP OS.
    --
    "The evaluator counts the ants at the picnic of progress." --Mohan Singh
    | |o o| |

    Ant, Feb 13, 2014
  6. Ant

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ant wrote:
    > On 2/13/2014 3:06 AM PT, ~misfit~ typed:
    >
    >> Oh well - I tried. :-/

    > Yea, thanks. So far, not running hot 3D does not corrupt my Windows
    > XP OS.

    Sweet! I have a few AGP cards in a box here that have got to the stage where
    they're not worth the packaging up to sell and I no longer run gear that old
    (other than a couple of bullet-proof ThinkPads). Alas, I'm in New Zealand or
    I'd offer them to you. I've got a sweet little Gigabyte GV-R900c Pro / 64MB
    that's been in several computers and never missed a beat and a Gainward GF
    Ti4400 'Golden Sample' / 128MB likewise...

    (I had a few later AGP cards but found that they don't live as long as these
    beauties - maybe capacitor plague?)

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Feb 13, 2014