    installation and the moment I attach a CD-ROM to the system, it refuses
    to boot.

    Would somebody please help me find a way to recover these computers?

    DustWolf, Sep 29, 2006

  2. DustWolf

    craigm Guest

    Win98 Boot floppy with CD support.

    craigm, Sep 29, 2006

  3. DustWolf

    DustWolf Guest

    The computer will not boot at all if I connect a CD drive.

    DustWolf, Sep 29, 2006
  4. DustWolf

    Ben Myers Guest

    Check the jumpers on the drives, and the drive cable. The drives are either
    jumpered master (MS) and slave (SL) with a straight IDE cable or both
    cable-select (CS) with a cable-select type cable.

    Is the CD-ROM drive known to be in working order? ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 29, 2006
  5. DustWolf

    DustWolf Guest

    Yes the CD-ROM was fine and all, but I figured it out eventually... the
    IDE cable was supposed to be plugged reverse of what is indicated, then
    it booted (but of course not from the bootable CD in the drive.. so yay
    floppies).

    DustWolf, Oct 2, 2006
  6. DustWolf

    DawgFan1785 Guest

    I had a Deskpro 200 Mhz. I put the BIOS partition back on. It was
    about 2 years ago. I downloaded the disk 4 floppies to make the
    partition.

    DawgFan1785, Nov 7, 2006