    If exist, where can I find one HowTo?
    Thanks all in advance
    marco

    marco, Dec 30, 2006

  2. marco

    Phil Sherman Guest

    You've missed providing most if the information necessary to help you.
    You'll need to specify exactly how the adapter connects to the system
    and what operating system you are using. A full model number may also help.

    Your CF reader could use a pcmcia attachment or a usb attachment. For
    either one, you need to make sure that the drivers for it have been
    installed. Check the IBM/Lenovo website for driver updates.

    The information available for your system indicates that the usb port is
    available for the Win2000 operating system. Older versions of the OS
    have flakey support for usb devices.

    I've been using a multi-device usb reader for CF and other portable
    storage media for a number of years. They are available for less than
    $20 (US) and are available from most computer and electronics stores.

    Phil Sherman

    Phil Sherman, Dec 31, 2006

  3. marco

    marco Guest

    Thanks for help.
    I have one CF Card to IDE adapter, but the bios do not recognize it,
    say me none hard disk.
    My Thinkpad is type 1171-9BU S/N AA-G9FL1 01/07, is Pentium III 650 MH.
    My other PC with CF/IDE adapter is all Ok, with Linux Ubuntu and with XP
    Pro (I have one CF Card with Linux and one with XP and can change it
    before boot.
    All work perfectly.
    At end, I would substitute 20gb Hitachi hard disk with Compact Flash
    Card (the new 16gb) trought one CF/IDE adapter.
    Thanks
    marco

    marco, Jan 2, 2007
  4. marco

    Phil Sherman Guest

    I'd try a smaller CF card. Newest hardware always seems to present
    problems until the drivers catch up.

    It appears you want to boot from the CF card. If your BIOS supports
    booting from a USB device; you might try borrowing a CF-USB adapter and
    trying that.

    Phil Sherman

    Phil Sherman, Jan 2, 2007
  5. marco

    marco Guest

    Solved, I have changed CF/IDE adapter with another model, removed hard
    disk, inserted adapter with CF card, and all work fine.
    Thanks all
    marco

    marco, Jan 2, 2007