    SCSI-FW adaptor ? which one ? where ?

    thanks for your help

    Joss

    Josselin, May 20, 2005

  2. Josselin

    Hans Sluiman Guest

    Don't know about SCSI-FW but the only way I could get an old Coolscan
    to work with my Cube was: (a) using a SCSI-USB adapter (Adaptec
    USBXchange), (b) using a dead Iomega Jazz drive to connect the USB
    adapter to the Coolscan SCSI cable, (c) starting up in OS 9 or Classic
    as Adaptec never released a driver for OS X, (d) using Vuescan. Not the
    simplest solution but it worked.

    I could have skipped (b) had I been able to find the right SCSI
    converter or cable to connect the USB adapter directly to the Coolscan
    (which has an old style SCSI port).

    Hans

    Hans Sluiman, May 20, 2005

  3. Josselin

    Josselin Guest

    thanks.. but I'd like to avoid installing Classic...
    I found the Ratoc FireWire-UltraSCSI Converter (FR1SX) 80-90$ with driver
    it works with Vuescan

    Joss

    Josselin, May 20, 2005