    I really dont want to have to try and find an old AGP graphics card, so if i
    put the PCI card in (TnT2), will the motherboard default to PCI before
    looking to AGP like my newer A7N8X-X does?

    Phil, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Phil

    Darkfalz Guest

    It will probably look for an AGP card first (usually there is an order in
    BIOS) and if it doesn't find one will look on the PCI bus. The order in the
    BIOS is really only relevant if you have two cards installed.

    I ran a PCI card on a AGP board for ages before finally getting an AGP card.

    Darkfalz, Mar 6, 2004

  3. Phil

    Tim Guest

    It'll go ok. If this is for a server then that is a quite acceptable setup.
    (Real servers have cruddy graphics cards).
    - Tim

    Tim, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Yes, it should. But I wouldn't use that motherboard if someone gave it
    to me. The P2B series is HUGELY better and superior, and at this point
    will probably cost no more, and maybe even less (there are a LOT more
    P2B's around than the older P2L's).

    Barry Watzman, Mar 7, 2004
  5. Phil

    P2B Guest

    Long live the P2B - and the 440BX :)

    I recently got a new P4 2.6C at work, but I still prefer my dual P3-S
    1.4 on a P2B-DS at home - it's smoother and more stable.

    P2B

    http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod

    P2B, Mar 7, 2004